Invest in Greece
House prices had decreased significantly in the European Union after the 2008 credit crisis. Following several years of recession and a significant decrease in the value of real estate, the EU is now finally seeing a rise in economic growth. Particularly countries located in the south of Europe are displaying signs of a strong recovery.
Since 2017, markets have witnessed an impressive property investment boom throughout Southern Europe, following a striking increase in investment volume of more than 270% in 2017, compared to 2012.
Greece is a major contributor to this rise and is currently benefiting from a steady growth in house prices, a massive inflow of investments in hotels in Athens and a significant increase in construction projects, something that can already be identified particularly in the Athenian property market, as well as in some of the notorious Greek islands, such as Mykonos and Santorini.
The prospect of a robust rise in rental prices, and highly lucrative investment returns has not gone unnoticed. From 2014 and onwards, international investors have already been making strategic moves throughout Greece. And the numbers prove the investors are right. After a decade of constant decreases in house prices, prices were stabilised by 2016 and rose the year after for the first time in the post crisis era.
- to secure an EU residency with all it can offer you and your family
- obtain a holiday home in one of the most beautiful, safe, and still largely unspoilt holiday destinations in the globe
- ensure you are making a profitable investment
- the unparalleled quality of life
- the clean air, sea and environment in general
- the exquisite gastronomy typical of the health-promoting Mediterranean diet
- access to unspoilt often breath-taking beaches
- a matchless wealth in history, archaeological sites, monuments and culture to top it all up